7. Once all MSP photos are loaded, click next.
Ensure all the boundaries that were meant to be flown are ticked and have enough coverage.
8. If you can't tick one of the boundaries, it may be because of two reasons.
Either intersecting boundaries, which you must inform the Drone Operations team and we will fix the boundary. If the error is due to insufficient coverage, the drone service will need to be re-flown.
9. If all boundaries are selected, click next and start upload.
Please keep the tab open until completed, then you can close. Try not to have more than 3 tabs open at one time as the uploader/wifi may not be able to handle the amount of data. In this case, rather wait for a couple uploads to finish, then start the remaining.
10. If your internet cuts out or the upload pauses, please refresh the page.
Then, click the correct bucket, click ‘continue with previous upload’, re-drop all the RGB and MSP, click next, and the upload should continue from where it was.
11. If you are splitting an upload into two or more uploads, please ensure the following:
Do not upload the same block twice. You will be penalised for duplicate uploads.
12. If the uploader says there are failed images, click “retry failed images”.
Wait for them to start uploading the failed images.
13. If the upload keeps failing and you have already tried refreshing the page and re-dropping the images, it is best to restart your WiFi router and computer, open up a new browser, and start a new upload - do not resume.