WHO ARE WE?
Aerobotics is a data analytics company which uses aerial imagery and machine learning algorithms to optimise crop performance for farmers around the world through its cloud based web application, Aeroview. The company is setting the standard for tree crop analytics globally. Aerobotics is based in Cape Town, South Africa.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you able to work independently? Then you’re ready to be our part of our first “boots on the ground” team! Aerobotics is building a national business development team to take our product across South Africa and cement its position as the leading crop analytics platform in South Africa.
The business is looking for a business developer based in the Eastern Cape to lead business development for the region and be the first line of client support on the ground. The applicant should be experienced in lead conversion, customer management and be confident enough to deal with farmers, drone service providers and consultants in the agricultural field.
- Perform desktop research to identify potential expansion opportunities, including the identification of core product partners (i.e. Farmers, Farming Groups and Farm Consultants)
- Follow up and convert lead pipeline generated by the growth team in Cape Town
- Generate new leads by contacting farmers, agricultural consultants and drone service providers
- Schedule on-site meetings with farmers to demo the Aerobotics products.
- Identify and attend farmers days your region.
- Expand our partner base by signing up new Aerobotics exclusive service providers
- Assist service provider partners in their sales process by both offering support to the partners and taking part in select joint sales activities.
- After sales first line support
- Build out Aerobotics presence in the Eastern Cape, including physical office and sales & support team
- Minimum 2 years of sales management experience
- Must have experience in the farming industry and even added value would be to have knowledge in the precision agriculture field.
Graduate degree in Business or other sales related field