WHO ARE WE?
Aerobotics is a data analytics company which uses aerial imagery and machine learning algorithms to optimise crop performance for farmers around the world through its cloud based web application, Aeroview. The company is setting the standard for tree crop analytics globally. Aerobotics is based in Cape Town, South Africa.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Are you excited about being in a new environment 300+ days a year? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you able to work independently? Then you’re ready to be our first “boots on the ground”! Aerobotics is building a launch team to take our product to the world and we need you to help us make this dream a reality. Every day will look different but you’re willing to do “whatever it takes” to get the job done.
Working in the Finance & Growth Team at Aerobotics means that data should be in your blood. It should be your sole guiding principle to drive business decisions.
- Perform desktop research to identify potential expansion opportunities, including the identification of core product partners (i.e. Farmers, Farming Groups and Farm Consultants)
- Engage potential core product partners from our Cape Town based HQ via email and video call to develop traction in-market
- Work with the Growth Analytics Team to turn on growth marketing in potential expansion markets
- Work with the Operations Team to determine the requirements of operationalising a new market and implement these requirements (i.e. setting up the drone operator network) in expansion markets
- Prepare a Greenlight Trip for Executive Team to meet potential core product partners in expansion markets
- Spend time on the ground building the core product client base in expansion markets
- Once an expansion market has been adequately operationalised (i.e. both operations and number of client considerations) hand over the market to the Operations Team as a new “core” market
- Weekly reporting on the status of expansion efforts and partnerships
- At least 3-4 years of hands-on experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience
- Agricultural experience or background a bonus
- A fast growth mindset
- A very proactive attitude (doesn’t need detailed directions)
- Be comfortable with looking at, analysing, and taking actionable insights from data
- A proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, thinking“outside the box” and succeeding in a team environment
- Experience acting independently and taking ownership as a self-starter; you’re able to generate your own momentum
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Demonstrated grit and determination in solving difficult problems - you have no problem being in the trenches
- Comfortable collaborating with global/regional/local colleagues and influencing without direct authority
- Honours degree in Engineering, Legal, Business or Commerce
- MBA a plus